By: Emily Byers

Thursday, January 21, 2010

And so it begins...

Already the internet is alive with fantasy predictions for the 2010 season and they couldn't be more bizarre.  The ESPN staff is already on board with their picks, though they are the only people in America who can keep their job after being less accurate than a weatherman. (who by the way, owes me fifty bucks.  I had to pick up snow gear on Canal Street after he predicted a balmy fifty degree day in NYC.)

Here's the Jist:

1) Drew Brees will go #1 at quarterback.  What a gutsy prediction!  I had Drew Brees as my quarter back two years ago, when they were a paltry 8-8, and he still averaged in the top 3 most points.  Sean Payton calls the going deep plays like Al Davis has kidnapped his daughter and only the Hail Mary can save her.  No surprises here.

2) Brandon Marshall over Desean Jackson

Now I'm no huge lover of Desean Jackson.  As a family member-to-be pointed out, he's "magnetically repelled by his own end zone."  That said, he's going to get his catches and unless the Eagles do something drastic this off season, they are in no danger of having a run game.  Brandon Marshall, on the other hand, can't seem to get a promise ring from Josh McDaniel and can't stay out of Georgia court even when playing all the way in Denver.

3) Tom Brady will throw for 32 touchdowns (according to ESPN.com) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
   Even with the "Brady Rule" there aren't enough yellow flags in the world to put that many balls in the hands of Randy Moss.  (pun intended)  And if I'm wrong, don't bother correcting me because I will have already lain down in traffic.

I look forward to your thoughts on the first installment of a column I think I'll call "What the Professionals Said."

3 comments:

Dave Belknap said...

Excellent job Emily. Keep it up and going. I will check on a daily basis. And yes It is rediculous how many names our Dolphins stadium has had. The new name stinks. The only good thing is we now know what the name will be for the next 5 years. Too bad it's all about the money. No loyalty anymore. Joe Robbie builds the stadium with his own money, and they sell the naming rights for 7.5 MILLION a year. CRAZY

Scott byers said...

My sleeper pick for fantasy next year is Eagles Jeremy Maclin. With Jackson making the Pro Bowl and the strong chances of him being double teamed, Maclin, in his second year, will be the go to receiver in a pass-happy offense. Try to pick him up in the later rounds of your draft. You will know when the time is right when the beer, pizza, and wings are getting low at your draft party.

Dave Tha Great!!! said...

Jap you the real deal I love it keep it up and I'll be following you everyday.