By: Emily Byers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Old Soldiers Never Die...Nor Do They Ever Shut Up

So tell me honestly, folks.  If Brett Favre wins the Superbowl would he wander out into the woods and die like a good cat?  If so, I'm all for it.  As I write this the Saints / Vikings game is still tied and I am wondering which outcome would cause me the least risk of having my eyeballs permanently frozen in a rolled position.  Yes the Saints have never been to the Superbowl and the city of New Orleans could use something to renew their civic spirit.  And for a complete lunatic, Sean Payton isn't overly obnoxious or arrogant and Drew Brees is a man of few words.  (Unlike a certain whiny quarterback who doesn't want his undeserved probowl bid because he's "injured.")  That said, I'm unimpressed by Reggie Bush, the defense who shows up about as frequently as leap year, and as an NFC south rival fan, I don't want to hear how great they are the way I used to have to hear about Michael Vick.

If Favre goes to the Superbowl, at least I can have a show down of Good versus Evil.  Okay, Good versus Crotchety, Hypocritical, and a little bit senile.  The man spent the last two years ruining summer television with his Ross Perot like commitment to the game...not to mention dicking over Aaron Rodgers with his phony retirement.  Then he rewrites history to say he was a victim of age discrimination and conveniently forgets how terribly he'd played up until the last season in Green Bay.  So my question to you is this:  Which outcome will give me less Favre in the long run and who can I sacrifice to to make it happen?

1 comment:

Dave Tha Great!!! said...

I LOVE U BRETT... SORRY YOUR LAST PASS AGAIN WAS AN INTERCEPTION =(