By: Emily Byers

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys

                                                              DGPCEN6AMT6N For most of my life it seemed as though the whole world were full of Dallas Cowboys fans.  They multiplied like cells and formed tumors of swaggering navy blue cancer that could be seen from space.  That all changed Sunday night at the Probowl.  Though it was arguably a "home game" for the Miami Dolphins, represented by a kicker and a safety, fans were out in every color of the rainbow.  When the delegates from the Dallas Cowboys came out the entire stadium erupted into thunderous boos.  Granted, that may have been due to the predominance of Eagles and Steelers fans in the building - each person has the volume of five regular fans - but the enemy of my enemy is my friend and I will take what I can get.  The night was rainy, the festivities were lackluster, and the beer price was jacked up three dollars....but seeing America's team booed by the rest of the country made me feel like a citizen again.

No comments: